We are recruiting for this new role for a Knitwear Designer, my client is looking for someone with younger trend led handwriting as this role will be working with some of the best hi-fashion retailers and e-tailers to the UK High street.
My client is a well-established supplier with fantastic facilities based at their modern head office in Leicester which offers inhouse sampling facilities for you to see your designs develop from concept to sample! This role will be working within a team of designers and will also involve customer meetings and some account management when needed, so is a fabulous opportunity.
Main Duties and responsibilities will include
- You will identify and translate the must-have trends for fast fashion ladies knitwear
- Liaise with customers, attend presentations as and when required
- Understand garment construction and production constraints
- Produce detailed tech packs and liaise with suppliers & factories confidently
- Develop new trims and fabrics with f fast fashion in mind
- Identify and update bestsellers to drive repeat business
- Manage Sampling and Development of Critical Path
- Minimum 2- 3 years commercial knitwear design experience
- Previous experience designing for the younger trend-led market
- Knowledge of some Jersey design beneficial, not essential
- Some account management experience highly beneficial
- Confident presenting to buyers
- Highly creative and trend-driven with a true connection to knitwear design.
- Excellent CAD skills ideally with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Able to work on their own - take initiative and work as part of a team.
- Access to a car and a valid driving license would be beneficial.
- Able to work in Leicester