We have a fabulous new role for a Ladieswear Knitwear Designer for a well-established knitwear supplier to major retailers and supermarkets who are looking for someone to create innovative and commercial designs working in a lovely team.
You will need to be strong on CAD designing with a demonstrable commercial portfolio. You'd be working 3 days in the office, and the ideal candidate will be available to start immediately.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and working with the Knitwear Design team on multiple accounts to design commercial, fashion-led knitwear
- Manage Sampling and Development Critical Path
- Regular comparative shop reports, trend research, mood boards and inspiration across womenswear knitwear
- Liaising with overseas factories and ensuring samples are produced to the highest standards.
- Produce detailed tech packs and liaise with suppliers & factories confidently.
- Minimum 2 years knit design / commercial experience.
- Strong understanding of knitwear garment construction and technicalities
- Excellent CAD designing experience
- Shima or CLO3D software is preferred but not essential.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment & have a pro-active approach.
- Strong organisation skills, and able to work to deadlines.
- Must be a team player with a willingness to learn.