This is a great opportunity for a Knitwear Design Manager to oversee the knitwear division at a fantastic and well established supplier, based in South London. My client has large and growing accounts with several high street and volume retailers including supermarkets. They are looking for a commercial trend led Knitwear Designer with experience managing a designer/junior. This is a fixed term contract for a minimum of 1 year.
In this role, you must have a great eye for trends and have experience presenting stories, concepts, inspirations, and designs to Buyers. You will need to be trend-driven and be able to drive product development with a commercial eye for newness. You will work within a broader design team and manage a designer/assistant.
Main duties will include:
- Create and develop product designs tailored to key customers requirements.
- Creating on-trend, forward-thinking yet commercial designs in response to briefs.
- Researching lifestyle trends and blogs, being aware of relevant influencers.
- Implementing direction and innovation for the season across colour, knit and trim.
- Communicating effectively with all internal and external teams.
- Working closely with the in-house sales and production team along with retail Buyers.
- Overseeing the development of all sampling ensuring deadlines are met.
- Working closely with the rest of the design team.
- Manage knitwear dept and team.
- Knitwear experience is essential within a commercial environment.
- Previous supplier experience or relevant retailer.
- A strong understanding of the current trends and the ability to look forward and anticipate new trends.
- Must have good CAD and illustration skills.
- Experienced and confident in presenting ideas, trends and design work.
- A hands-on can-do attitude, someone who is hard working, innovative, positive and a good manager and team player.