We are recruiting for a supplier specialising in ladies knit & jersey for leading retailers supermarkets in the UK . This is an initial 6-month maternity cover contract but may have the opportunity to be extended or go permanent. To be considered for this role you must have a strong womenswear knitwear background and have some supplier experience and the ability to drive. This role will be a mix of office-based in Hertfordshire and wfh
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Designing and developing knitwear and some jersey ranges based on briefs for a number of key clients
- Be up to date and research the latest fashion trends, produce trend boards, create seasonal trend/directional reports, and presenting this back to buyers
- Working with buyers to produce bestselling styles
- Ability to listen and translate ideas & concepts into commercial designs
- Liaise with overseas factories on a daily basis
- Ability to create detailed design sheets and technical packs
- Supporting the design team, being a key member of the team in creating commercial, fashion-led knitwear
- Previous experience working in a knitwear design role
- Proficient in CAD and illustrator skills
- Be highly technical, able to design across all knitwear gauges
- Must have a strong commercial eye, and an ability to interpret trends
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment,& have a pro-active approach.
- Strong organisation skills, and able to work to deadlines
- Must be a team player with a willingness to take direction and eager to learn.