We are looking for a driven candidate to join an exciting and growing business within the fashion industry who work across high-profile, well-established brands.
You will be supporting the Head of Production in a technical and admin capacity. You will be responsible for ensuring production samples conform to the standard required for fit, oversee quality and liaise with factories in China, Portugal, Turkey and India.
The role requires expertise in Women's lingerie / underwear or inner wear with minimum of 1 years' experience. This role offers hybrid working.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Maintain, update and complete production technical packs.
- Measure all samples to ensure they conform to the size specifications.
- Plan and organise fit meetings including booking models.
- Attend and run all collection, sample and pre-production fittings to ensure samples conform to the Designer's vision and are of the correct quality.
- Ensure all technical specs are clear and any measurement requests are consistent with the standard measurements.
- Record all fit comments and relay to the factories ensuring amendments are accurately reflected in future samples or production.
- Ensure all garments are sealed ahead of the factories starting production in line with the critical path.
- Approvals to be given on fabric qualities, Lab dips, prints.
- Request, inspect and assess pre-production, shipment samples. Flag any issues that could impact delivery.
- Manage any quality issues and faulty garments to ensure delays are kept to a minimum.
- Proficient in Microsoft office.
- Garment Technologist with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in Women's Lingerie and inner wear encompassing all product categories.
- Excellent fabric knowledge across woven and jersey.
- Understanding of test reports.
- Expertise in fitting garments and sending comments for amendments.
- Good working knowledge of pattern cutting is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proactive approach with strong organisational skills.