A new opportunity has arisen for a Junior Garment Technologist covering jersey and woven ladieswear. My client are a successful supplier to several leading retailers in the uk and are looking for a Junior who has 2 years experience working in a supplier. You will work closely with the Senior Garment Technologist.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Measuring samples and pre-production samples
- Attending fit meetings with customers and translating the comments to overseas factories
- Creating size specifications and technical packs for issue to factories.
- Working closely within internal design, sampling, sales and merchandising teams, and to develop strong working relationships with customers own technical teams.
- Writing fit comments accurately and sending to overseas factories
- Liaise regularly with customers regarding fit comments, specs/requirements
- Creating production specifications
- Communicate all the information to offshore factories.
- 2 years experience working across jersey and wovens for a supplier
- Knowledge of working with High Street Multiples
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of garment construction
- Ability to work under pressure and to key deadlines on the Critical Path
- Able to give clear concise written comments to factories