We have an amazing company looking for a Junior Garment Technologist to cover ladies jersey and woven garments for trend driven high street retailers.This is a great opportunity for someone looking to progress their career within the industry.
Romania and Morocco short lead time experience beneficial.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Help manage the Garment Technical function in line with critical path requirements
- Assess technical issues, which could delay the critical path
- Assist with block development liaising with design and account management
- Ensure the fittings are carried out with the customer
- Interface with all customers on all Garment Technical matters
- Maintain effective dialogue with overseas technologists in all technical and quality requirements for each style as required by the customer
- Attend meetings and liaise with customers regarding fit approval and sealing of garment and feed relevant fit requirements to the technical team in Romania and Morocco.
- Technical ability with knowledge of garment construction, manufacturing methods, garment fit & pattern alteration
- Must have some experience working with Romania and Morocco on short lead business
- Knowledge of fabric, lab testing and assessment of results
- Have a good working knowledge of customer quality standards
- Professional and confident manner when dealing with customers
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication and people management skills
- Be able to liaise with offshore production team, both written and oral
- Maintain effective filing systems (samples, electronic) to provide traceability
- Good working knowledge of Windows XP, MS Office Suite