A fabulous opportunity has arisen with a well established a leading knitwear supplier to several major retailers in the UK, USA and Europe.
Based in Manchester they are looking for a Junior Mens Knitwear Designer with 2 years' experience to join their team. Strong CAD skills are essential for this role and knowledge of Apex Shima is highly desirable.
Main responsibilities will include
- Work closely and supporting the Senior designers.
- Sending and chasing samples for approval.
- Carrying out general admin tasks, updating spreadsheets, raising orders, etc.
- Manage the yarns.
- Assisting the Senior Designers with development of new ranges and design techniques for the customers.
- Help prepare presentation ideas to the customers.
- Attending sales meetings with existing and new customers.
- Liaising with factories & mills overseas.
- Research catwalk trends & put together mood boards.
- A fashion degree, in knitwear is advantageous.
- Apex Shima knowledge highly desirable.
- Trend Focused & a commercial eye for design.
- Can demonstrate experience of working in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- First class communication skills at all levels.
- Excellent CAD, Illustrator and Photoshop skills.