We are working with a thriving, trend lead and sustainable brand based in Australia. They are a fast-growing global brand who are looking for a Junior Buyer across dresses! With full sponsorship, a competitive salary and relocation package this is a once in a life opportunity to escape to glistening beaches and endless sunshine!
You'd be buying for a brand that focuses on seasonal trends, feminine silhouettes and detailing contributing towards making women feel confident. The ideal candidate will be looking for a new challenge, as well as the opportunity to step up in their career to spearhead and expand the ladieswear offering.
As a key member of the buying team, you will be able to demonstrate commercial awareness, creativity, and a real passion for the brand.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Alongside Department/ Market Planners, analyse trade performance, extracting key messages to make trading decisions to drive department performance.
- In line with department strategies, build a commercial yet trend lead range reflective of market mindset and department.
- Have an analytical and forward-thinking mind to introduce newness and product updates in line with current products and trends.
- Ensure you are up to date on competitor activity.
- Work with suppliers to minimise repeat lead times to maximise trade
- Ensure that ranges are built in line with budgeted financial parameters and that all budgeted targets are met.
- Drive post season SWOT and forward strategy in liaison with the Planner.
- Provide clear communication, guidance and direction when required to all team members in order that the team and personal achievements are met.
- Responsible for strategic planning and negotiating prices to ensure costs are in line with the budget.
- Experience in a womenswear Buying role.
- Excellent analytical skills and be highly numerate.
- The ability to prioritise and react positively to working under pressure and with changing demands.
- A strong eye for product, detail, and emerging trends.
- Positive, enthusiastic, hardworking and a team player with an open-minded approach.
- Excellent communication skills.