Our amazing clients are expanding and looking for a young enthusiastic dynamic person to come on board as a Junior / Trainee Account Manager to help build their wholesale and distribution business.
This company supply Adults, Kids and Baby Licensed garments to all retailers and markets throughout UK, their license portfolio is extensive and unrivalled, and they offer strong sourcing capabilities throughout the world.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Design Team and Sales Director
- Exposure to product development, sourcing, trends and production.
- You will be taught product knowledge and of liaising and dealing with factories.
- The role will involve opening new accounts and exploiting already open accounts to their full potential.
- Coordinate activity of fabric, garment techs, merchandising and design teams to ensure on-time delivery of product development projects
- Communicate with Buyers / customers on day to day issues.
- Required to build and maintain good working relationships both within the team and with other teams/departments within the Company Product development
- Provide guidance and assistance to design teams to ensure product development aligns with internal strategy and customer strategy
- In conjunction with design team, present new product to customers
- If possible, should be able to negotiate prices in line with customer requirements and targets and agree cost prices with customers
- Represent company interests to third parties, including customers, suppliers and manufacturers.
- Ability to work flexible hours, as and when required due to the nature of the business.
- General administrative work that might be required for the fulfilment of the assignments in hand.
- Highly motivated, commercially aware individual
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to drive and develop the specified sales channels
- Experience and contacts within the distribution channels would be a benefit
- You must be confident and have the willingness to travel within the UK.
- Apparel Licence Industry experience and good retail connections is essential
- Willingness to work and learn, License Product Experience is ideal but not essential
- Strong Entrepreneurial spirit, able create new relationships
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Ability to take direction, work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative
- Fashion conscious and aware of the fashion business
- Must be capable of working under pressure
- Be able to work unsupervised in an accurate, methodical, and organised manner
- Be able to travel within UK.