This is a fabulous role to support the Creative Director of this premium jewellery company based in Devon. You will ensure all products maintain the high standards expected and to manage the new product development process. You will provide conceptual creative input to design projects and to ensure the Brand remains true to design credentials, content, and presentation.
This is a fabulous company to work for where your ideas are taken seriously and you can make the role your own.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Work within the Product Design team alongside the Creative Director to produce high-quality designs across all product ranges, including bespoke and VIP customer projects.
- Be the NPD timeline "owner", ensuring the new product is designed, sampled and handed over to the Merchandiser to order in a timely fashion to hit business-critical deadlines.
- Work with the Marketing team on delivering and co-ordinating new product launches, projects and campaigns.
- Communicate with internal customers as well as local and Far East based suppliers.
- Support Creative Director and Merchandiser with successful range planning by carrying out competitor reviews, analysing past performance, and keeping abreast of global jewellery trends and developments, attending international trade fairs where necessary.
- Maintain new product information on Critical Path ensuring all relevant information is captured and communicated to suppliers with technical specification sheets.
- Ensuring new Branded designs are wear-tested and meet quality standards.
- Order and administrate samples of new designs, preparing for range sign off with Creative Director as well as distributing necessary samples for photography, trade shows etc.
- Work with Creative Director to accurately price product to build commercially viable range and achieve target margins.
- Set up, administrate and manage master sample reference bank, and maintain technical specification sheets for each product to act as QC guidelines for incoming product.
- Support the business with technical jewellery manufacturing knowledge.
- Creation and maintenance of sample control system to accurately monitor intake and recharging of moulds/samples.
- To assist with proofing of Marketing print, brochures and catalogues, and copy for PR and website.
- To support communication with the Marketing team to ensure product is well presented to the customer across all media.
- To assist the Product Team during busy periods or to cover the absence.
- Jewellery manufacturing and design experience
- Jewellery qualification is desirable
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook and in particular, strong Excel skills
- Excellent communication, written/verbal and negotiating skills, with the ability to influence.
- Ability to manage own workload and priorities
- High-level attention to detail required
- Decision making, problem solving and assertiveness
- Reliable, adaptable and flexible in approach with a positive, enthused attitude
- Creative thinker