A great new opportunity has arisen for a Jersey designer for my client who is looking at expanding their current team. My client works with a mix of hi-fashion and mid-market retailers and e-tailers in the UK and is looking for someone with a mid- young market commercial fashion handwriting, working across Lounge, Sweat, Dresses, and tops and who can complement their existing team. Experience working with UK and Turkish factories would be highly beneficial. This role will report to the Sales Director and you will work closely with them, being fully involved with all customer meetings and design development.
My client is open to a mix of WFH and office-based from their fantastic Leicester-based Head office. This role is ideal for someone with a few years' experience looking for the next step in their career
Main Duties and responsibilities will include
- You will identify and translate the must-have trends for fashion ladies jersey
- Liaise with customers, attend presentations as and when required with Sales Director
- Understand garment construction and production constraints
- Sourcing new fabrics and developing newness
- Produce detailed tech packs and liaise with factories in the UK and Turkey
- Develop new trims and fabrics with fads and fast fashion in mind
- Identify and update bestsellers to drive repeat business
- Manage Sampling and Development of Critical Path
- Minimum 2- 3 years commercial jersey design experience
- Experience designing for the mid-market customer is desirable
- Experience working with UK and Turkish factories
- Confident presenting to buyers
- Excellent CAD skills ideally with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Able to work on their own - take initiative and work as part of a team.
- Able to work in Leicester when required