Our client is looking at strengthening their team due to new accounts on board, as well as increased demand with existing accounts.
The role would suit a jersey design specialist with good casual jersey experience who has previously worked for a supplier on womens fast fashion.
You will be designing for the UK High Street and you must have a very commercial and trend driven portfolio and be well experienced in designing women's jersey multiproduct across casualwear.
Main responsibilities will include:
- You will be working very closely with the sales manager across fashion forward accounts involving trend research, and presenting in buyer meetings.
- Able to identify key trends, and interpret these in a relevant and commercial way for the customer
- Build excellent relationships with the High Street Buyers
- Present ranges and take Buyers' briefs for developments
- Understand garment construction and production constraints
- Produce detailed tech packs and brief the production team confidently
- Designing trend-led young fashion across jerseywear multiproduct
- Compiling comparative shop reports
- Working closely with the pattern cutters, machinists and technical team
- Fabric and trim sourcing
- You will have a commercial eye which complements your trend awareness
- Must have a proven background in the jersey product area
- You will be experienced in a customer facing role, presenting to buyers and building relationships
- Computer literate with excellent CAD skills
- You will be a team player and able to problem solve
- Have a strong trend driven portfolio
- Have experience working with UK high street account
- Be able to translate catwalk trends into commercial design
- Be prepared to travel for research and meeting
- Creative flair and innovation - proactive approach to design.