An exciting Womenswear Jersey design role has become available for one of my clients who are looking to recruit a strong Jersey designer with a real "can do" attitude who is product-driven and hungry for success.
In this role, you will be working across key accounts with major retailers and will need to be confident in presenting to buyers.
You will need to be extremely trend-driven. Someone who can drive jersey product development with a commercial eye for newness with a can-do attitude working across all Fashion Jersey Products.
To be considered for this role you must have previous supplier experience in a similar role.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Create and develop product designs tailored to the company's portfolio of customers
- Creating on-trend, forward-thinking yet commercial womenswear designs keeping in line with the buyer's briefs
- Researching lifestyle trends and blogs, being aware of relevant influencers, and a keen Instagram follower
- Working with the fabric team to implement direction and innovation for the season
- Communicating effectively with all internal and external teams
- Working closely with the in-house sales and production team along with retail buyers
- Overseeing the development of all sampling ensuring deadlines are met
- Knowledge of fabric sourcing and the ability to use this to its full potential
- Jerseywear experience within a commercial environment
- Previous supplier experience is essential if worked within a retailer Head office
- A strong understanding of the current high street, trends and the ability to look forward and anticipate new trends
- Must have good CAD and illustration skills
- Experience in presenting ideas through design boards
- A hands-on can-do attitude, someone who is innovative, with a fun personality who can inspire others