My client is based in Central London and are looking for a commercial fashion forward jersey designer to join their team. Reporting to the head of design and working on some key accounts . Within this role there will be some travel overseas to factories in Turkey, lots of liaison with Buyers and involved in all meetings and presentations. If you are looking for a new career opportunity and the chance to join this thriving business then this could be the role for you.
(Please send your current artwork with your application.)
Main Responsibilities will Include :
- Designing and developing ladieswear Jerseywear
- Research fashion trends, producing trend boards, catwalks, and sketches
- Ability to translate initial ideas & concepts into commercial designs
- Liaise with overseas factories primarily in Turkey
- Attend all customer meetings and work to set briefs.
- Manage Sampling and Development of Critical Path
- Weekly reports looking at the latest trends
- Presenting to Buyers
- Previous experience working for a supplier within jersey wear
- Must have a strong commercial eye, and an ability to interpret trends
- Excellent CAD and illustrator skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment & have a pro-active approach.
- Strong organisation skills, and able to work to deadlines