An opportunity has arisen to work for this well known retail organisation who have an extremely people orientated culture to be part of their HR team to deliver commercially focussed services to Retail and Head office operations as well as support the development and delivery of the HR Strategy .
Working in conjunction with the HR Manager, to provide generalist HR support to the business. Primary focus will be guiding and supporting the management population to provide legally compliant, values orientated guidance on a range of people related matters.
A background in the retail or hospitality sector is essential for this role.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Primarily focused and responsible for Stores and Distribution Centre
- Key focus will be on ER case management
- Working closely with the HRM and HR Assistants - ensuring they are kept appropriately informed in a timely manner
- Coaching and guiding managers on day-to-day ER issues, such as absent management, performance management, flexible working, welfare/wellbeing meetings, AWOL, disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Managing and supporting end to end ER related issues
- Manage / review Occupational Health referrals
- Working with the HRM to review / reset procedures and documentation including policy, letters, reports etc.
- Assisting with regular reporting
- Retail or similar experience preferable
- Previous experience at a similar level
- Must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of Employment Law - Employment Law / CIPD qualification (or working towards) would be preferable
- Experience of managing end-to-end case management including sensitive and complex cases
- Experienced at handling sensitive data in line with GDPR requirements.
- Ability to demonstrate practical, pragmatic approach applied in a compassionate and respectful manner
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and deal positively with people in difficult situations
- Risk aware - ability to work within the legal framework whilst balancing the reputational and operational needs of the business and our colleagues wellbeing.
- Appreciation and understanding of when to escalate concerns and seek further guidance.
- Ability to coach and guide managers on day to day ER issues, such as absence management, performance management, flexible working, welfare/wellbeing meetings, AWOL, disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Organised - ability to prioritise caseload based on business and individual needs.