We are recruiting on behalf of our client, an internationally established supplier to many leading high street retailers across the UK, USA and Europe.
They are looking for a Senior Technical & QA Manager who has a strong, solid technical background working with large volume retailers across multi products in the apparel industry. This is a senior role and as such requires someone with the ability to head up a team and is confident at liaising with customers.
This role would suit a local hire or an individual looking to relocate.
There is an excellent package available for the right candidate
Main responsibilities will include:
- Manage and oversee the sealing process, fit meeting schedules and on-time delivery of samples.
- Approve graded specification size charts.
- Ensure that comprehensive comments are compiled for factories, using size specifications, highly detailed diagrams / fit images to ensure full understanding of any amendments that may be required.
- Manage size standards for all product categories, establishing and maintaining fit and size standards.
- Ensure that all quality and technical requirements are systematically documented in line with the critical path.
- Set, establish and approve bulk raw material test reports
- Develop where required manufacturing methods and make -up best practice with the supply base to ensure right first-time product
- Undertake factory visits to support the improvement of quality standards, improve working relationships and increase knowledge of manufacturing capabilities/developments for self and the team.
- A proven track record of setting and achieving quality standards across a variety of product categories in Ladieswear, Menswear, Children's wear within High Street retailers.
- Experience of fitting garments and ideally pattern cutting within a manufacturing and/or a retail (Technical Department) environment.
- A solid knowledge of garment construction and manufacturing methodology.
- A firm understanding of garment pattern grading.
- Experience of establishing raw material testing standards.
- Organised and efficient - ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Good communication skills with experience of liaising with a range of suppliers and other business partners (internal and external).
- Good office and administration skills.
- Systematic approach to logging and recording information
- Pattern knowledge/Sewing Knowledge/Fabric Knowledge