A great new opportunity has arisen for my client who is a successful supplier to several large retailers in the UK. They are looking for a commercial graphic designer who is also able to work on basic shapes too to join their team working across ladies & mens nightwear, there will be some kid's graphic design too so prior experience on kidswear or a willingness to work on kids graphics is also needed for this role.
Your role will be to design and create graphics for different customers to specific briefs, You will need to be a good commercial all-around graphic designer covering novelty, prints, floral, slogan, be flexible in your approach, and able to work across all areas. This is a tremendous role and a great opportunity to work on a growing product area.
Main Duties and responsibilities will include.
- Develop trend/mood/range boards, palettes
- Draw and scale accurate prints for factories to follow ensuring design sheets are clear for sampling
- Present to buyers and external design teams
- Work closely with the designer focusing on and ensuring a commercial outcome.
- Guiding the customers/buyers on the graphic trends
- Liaise with suppliers overseas
- Previous Apparel Graphics Experience in a similar position
- Good cad skills / Shape Sketches skills with a good knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop
- Adaptable and can-do attitude is essential for managing responsibilities in this role
- Great customer presentation and communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
- Ability to liaise with buyers and factories confidently
- Experience of working with the Far East factories
- Possess a good understanding of graphics, embellishment, fabrics, and print technologies
- Good time management and prioritisation skills