Our Client is a busy Clothing Supplier to the UK High Street and due to expansion they are now looking for a Girlswear Designer to join their team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and talented Designer, full of enthusiasm & fresh idea's looking for a change or the next step in their career.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Designing commercial ranges for girlswear.
- Being aware of current trends and producing mood/direction boards.
- Preparing design/factory packs and artwork for sampling
- Working closely with the Sales team, attending meetings and presenting cads/samples to buyers.
- Following designs from first sample stage through to production.
- Keeping up to date with fashion trends including colours and shapes.
- Maintaining the company identity and developing their product portfolio.
- Delivering products on budget.
- Liaising with overseas factories.
- Good communication skills essential - the role involves liaising with other departments within the company for example: merchandising and QA & overseas factories
- At least 4 years girlswear experience
- To be proficient on Mac in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Foreign Travel opportunities, working with factory sample units overseas & directional comp shopping
- Ability to think outside the box and design commercial, creative multiproduct girlswear
- Good team player