We are currently recruiting for an internationally acclaimed Manufacturer of Men's Ladies and Children's to many of the high street retailers in the UK and Europe. They are actively looking for a successful Girlswear Designer for their children's wear division in the UK headquarters based in Manchester.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and talented Designer, full of enthusiasm & fresh idea's looking for a change or the next step in their career. You will work across baby, toddler and older girls designing for a number of key accounts on the UK High Street.
This is a 9-month contract role which can be based full time in their office or on a freelance basis.
Main responsibilities will include:
To design and assist the constant development and co-ordination of new product ranges, to satisfy market trends and customer needs, in keeping with the character licenses but also offering innovation and fresh approaches to design.
- Designing ranges of girlswear product for Retailers ensuring that relevant deadlines are met.
- Being aware of current trends and producing mood/direction boards.
- Preparing sample requests and artwork for putting sampling into work with our factories.
- Working closely with Sales team, attending meetings at Retail and presenting CADs/samples to buyers.
- Design to customer/ sales brief. Work with creative flair whilst understanding prices restraints.
- Sound knowledge of garment construction essential.
- Sound knowledge of fabrics/ printing methods and techniques essential.
- Good communication skills essential - the role involves liaising with other departments within the company for example: merchandising and QA & overseas factories.
- To be proficient on Mac in Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to think outside the box and design commercial, creative multiproduct Childrenswear.
- Good team player.