Our Client who are a leading worldwide supplier of ladies garments are looking for an experienced Garment Technologist who has at least 5 years experience working with tailoring and outerwear. This role is to assist the Account Manager through the processes of garment sampling.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Creating size specifications ensuring that the correct grades are used according to customer requirements.
- Accurately and consistently measure samples.
- Attending fit sessions with designers and accurately record comments.
- Ensure that throughout the sampling process all comments are efficiently passed back to the supplier in a clear and concise manner.
- Effective liaison between customers, suppliers and all departments within Visage Imports.
- Information management & maintenance to ensure all style files contain correct information and that the correct paperwork is used for each supplier.
- To have a very clear understanding of customer requirements by becoming knowledgeable in relevant manuals.
- Interpreting Test reports
- Efficiently complete any tasks given by the Account Manager.
- Reporting any issues or non-conformance to the Account Manager on a day-to-day basis.
- Ability to communicate at all levels promoting a positive and professional attitude effectively & confidently at all times.
- Builder of strong relationships with Customers and Suppliers and team members.
- Ability to work as part of a team whilst also showing own initiative.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Time management skills in order to prioritise workload.
- The ability to work under pressure and cope with tight deadlines.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to introduce ideas, methods or processes to improve the performance of the department.