A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Garment Technologist within jerseywear cut and sew . My client are a successful supplier to several leading retailers and supermarkets in the uk and are looking for an experienced Jersey technologist to join their team who has several years' experience working within a similar environment and customer base someone that is used to working in a fast-paced challenging environment for a supplier and can thrive under pressure as well as work autonomously as well as part of a team. This role will be 1-2 days in the office and wfh, great flexibility
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Responsible for approval of garments and advising on all aspects on fit, construction and quality related issues.
- Attending (virtual)fit meetings with customers and translating the comments to overseas factories
- Creating size specifications and technical packs for issue to factories.
- Working closely within internal design, sampling, sales and merchandising teams, and to develop strong working relationships with customers own technical teams.
- Writing fit comments accurately and sending to overseas factories
- Liaise regularly with customers regarding fit comments, specs/requirements
- Creating production specifications
- Communicate all the information to offshore factories.
- Previous experience working across jerseywear for a supplier
- Knowledge of working with High Street Multiples
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of garment construction
- Ability to work under pressure and to key deadlines on the Critical Path
- Able to give clear concise written comments to factories