My client is seeking an experienced Garment Technologist with Knitwear and ideally some Jersey experience too across ladies and preferably childrenswear too to work on their key accounts. Key skills required include creating and grading specifications, understanding of legislation for childrenswear, and liaising with design and merchandising teams. You must have experience of attending fit sessions with high street retailers and will be responsible for the sealing process from design samples through to shipment, liaising with both customers and overseas factories. You must be extremely organised, be able to work on your own initiative and as part of a small team.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Manage sample approvals from initial fit through to production
- Attending fit sessions.
- Liaising with factories and communicating fit comments/amendments.
- Creating garment and size specifications/workbooks
- Assessing fit samples with due diligence.
- Grading size charts.
- Completing Risk Assessments.
- Test Reports.
- Resolving technical and production issues with factories.
- Monitoring quality control.
- Updating information on customer portals such as PLM.
- Working to critical paths.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role with a fashion knitwear supplier
- Extensive garment technical skills and knowledge.
- Good skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Understanding of Childrenswear legislation desirable but not essential
- Able to prioritise workload and multi-task various functions.
- Recent experience of working with Supermarkets and or large retailers
- Driving license/use of car essential