Garment Technologist - Girlswear
I'm seeking a Girlswear Garment Technologist to join a fantastic business to work across a number of premium lifestyle brands. Their girls wear brands have been met with huge positivity and growth so they are looking for a Technologist who can adhere to their strict quality, fit, and design standards and excel this category even further.
You will complete Technical Specifications and grading across all product category, including jersey, outerwear, knitwear, swimwear, underwear and woven styles and give your overall approval on products and their packaging elements. You will follow a critical path and create and maintain product specifications and read and interpret testing reports.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Provide the Design team with technical expertise and support them in creating the best block specs and shaping for the briefs laid out.
- Extensive knowledge of development, through manufacture and on to delivery of all girls apparel.
- Assess the fit, construction and quality of the garments.
- Identify opportunities that support pricing and sourcing strategy.
- Run Girl's wear fit sessions alongside other team members.
- Execute technical approvals and specifications as standard.
- Thoroughly and clearly communicate fit comments to the suppliers
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of latest government regulations, restrictions, safety protocols and performance standards for raw materials & finished goods
- Risk assessment of all products for Safety/ global legislations/ fabric/trim suitability in relation to construction and functionality
- Management of garment testing process with suppliers during development to advise care label/disclaimers and resolution of test failures
- Ensure consistency of fit and quality across the category and throughout size range
- Create and update garment construction and standards manuals
- Liaise with suppliers through all forms of contact including clear video calls to ensure the best course of action withing the challenging timescales given.
- Review and approve Final Inspections of bulk production
- Detailed and constant attention to critical path management between overseas manufacturers and UK buying team attending weekly meetings
- Support on factory compliance
- Understand and control all legal elements of the brands we run
- Great understanding of grading, pattern cutting, pattern adaptation and garment specifications
- A minimum of 3-4 years' experience within a similar role
- Experience across different categories - outerwear / jersey / woven / underwear
- Understanding of production methods
- Knowledge on global CHW safety requirements and legislation
- Specialist Technical fitting knowledge including testing in required field
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects with adherence to deadlines
- Highly organized and driven by processes
- Must have excellent communication skills, self-motivated, attention to detail & a strong team player is crucial
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently, prioritising tasks to meet deadlines
- IT skills -Ms office( Word, Excel, etc ), MS Outlook, Teams
- Ability to communicate and interact with internal and external business partners across UK, Europe and the Rest of the World