We have a wonderful opportunity for a freelance Ladieswear designer for a 3-month contract working 2 - 3 days a week. You will ideally be based near London for meetings with buyers and the owner of the company.
This role is designing trend led softs and wovens for the UK premium high street retailers.
You would be required to create capsule collections for various high street retailers, trend boards, shop reports, attend customer meetings and potential travel to India for the development of the collections as well as working closely with the UK Business Development Manager.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Create capsule collections for their growing retail clients
- Design and develop trend boards
- Shop reports
- Attend customer meetings with buyers
- Travel to India for the development of the collections
- Working closely with the Business Development Manager
- Ability to translate initial ideas & concepts into commercial designs
- Attend customer meetings and work to set briefs.
- Weekly reports looking at the latest trends
- Understand garment construction and production constraints.
- Sourcing new fabrics and developing newness.
- Identify and update bestsellers to drive repeat business.
- Previous experience working for a supplier within softs and wovens
- Must have a strong commercial eye, and an ability to interpret trends
- Excellent CAD ideally with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Able to work in a busy environment & have a pro-active approach.
- Strong organisation skills, and able to work to deadlines
- Must be good at building relationships, with a willingness to take direction and eager to learn.