My client are an expanding company who supply ladies woven dresses and tops to several ladieswear Mid market fashion retailers in the UK and overseas and are looking for a Freelance Wovens Designer for 3 days per week initially, to start asap. They need someone who has previous supplier experience on Woven ladieswear and can come in and hit the ground running who is familiar dealing with offshore offices and factories in China, India and Bangladesh .
You will need to be a team player and be used to working in a fast paced environment and be able to adapt to changing situations, above all previous wholesale Design experience in a similar company
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Customer meetings, presenting ranges to buyers and external design teams, showcasing latest trends, market research and mood boards
- Product accurate and detailed CADs for sampling
- Identify and understand clients brand identity and handwriting when designing and range building.
- Liaise with factories in the far east, ensuring deadlines for samples are met and in the office in time for sign off meetings
- Daily contact with sales and technical teams within the UK office
- Develop and source new trims and fabrics
- Carry out trend research and analysis alongside colour trends
- Attend trade fairs and undertake regular comp shops with a strong awareness of current product on the high street.
- Experience as a Ladieswear Wovens Designer for dresses and tops with a strong commercial handwriting in a supplier environment
- Excellent communication and professional presentation skills
- Sound knowledge of garment construction as well as the ability to produce accurate and detailed spec drawings.
- Good understanding of fabric and trims, graphics and embellishment
- Highly organised and capable of working to and managing deadlines, working as part of a team and individually self-motivated.
- Strong knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop to create CADs