We have an amazing new role for a successful supplier who design for most of the UK high street. They are looking for a commercial Jersey Designer to join their team working across ladies, girls and boyswear primarily on nightwear.
You will need to be a good commercial designer who is also able to design commercial graphics
This is a tremendous role and a great opportunity to work on a growing product area.
Main responsibilities will include .
- Develop trend/mood/range boards, palettes
- Draw and scale accurate graphics for factories to follow ensuring design sheets are clear for sampling
- Present to buyers and external design teams
- Work closely with the designer focusing on and ensuring a commercial outcome.
- Guiding the customers/buyers on the graphic trends
- Liaise with suppliers overseas
- Good cad skills / Shape Sketches skills with a good knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop
- Adaptable and can-do attitude is essential for managing responsibilities in this role
- Great customer presentation and communication skills, both verbal and in written.
- Ability to liaise with buyers and factories confidently
- Experience of working with the Far East factories
- Possess a good understanding of graphics, embellishment, fabrics and print technologies
- Good time management and prioritisation skills
- prioritisation skills