We are recruiting for a large supplier who are looking for an experienced fabric technologist, to be customer facing & a point of contact for Fabric Mills. To work with all of shore offices, who provide all day-to-day support, to major supermarkets . For this role it is essential you have had recent experience working with large supermarkets and are able to work autonomously as well as part of a team .Ladies and or childrenswear experience prefered .
Main Responsibilities with Include
- Risk assessment of all confirmed styles together with Garment tech
- Advise on required base and bulk testing and care label
- Check all fabric SPECs
- Check all base & bulk test reports.
- Sustainability - support of shore offices to ensure that correct documentation is received for sustainable fibres. Advise/check documents/discuss with mill or customer if required
- Liaising with the sales teams, garment technical team and design to help ensure the fabrics are fit for purpose and approved in accordance with critical path.
- Ensure clear communications is maintained with key customers technical teams, fabric suppliers & overseas offices
- Work closely with mills, factories and overseas offices to ensure all technical data, colour standards and administrative processes are completed efficiently
- Lead the Base technical Quality submissions and approvals from customers and communicate to stakeholders and maintain clear records
- Problem-solve fabric with preemptive risk management, to resolve fabric issues
- Follow ups for Sustainability certifications based on each customers requirements-
- Develop an understanding of customers Garment and Trim testing requirements based on their testing Manuals and guide regional teams as and when required.
- Guide mills on course of action on challenging fabrics and test standards
- Drive developments and innovations in respect of fabrics and fabric processing to introduce and deliver any changes.
- Previous experience working in a similar role for a supplier
- Knowledge of working with Tesco in a previous role is essential
- Some experience in Sustainable fibres
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and cope under pressure
- Confident to interact with customers
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Flexible approach, with an ability to demonstrate diplomacy and tenacity as required.