Fantastic opportunity to start your fashion career. This leading manufacturer based in Hertfordshire are looking for a junior to join their fabric team. They are willing to train a fashion enthusiast who is looking to start their career.
This job is a great opportunity to understand fabric, construction, weights, washes, testing etc.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Daily communication with international countries - India, China and Bangladesh.
- Excel Charts to monitor fabric tracking.
- Monitoring costs on fabric - to be cost effectiveness
- Liaise with buyers on fabric testing and buyers approvals
- Liaising with the designers to source fabrics which are customer specific.
- Prioritising fabrics dependant on customer meetings.
- Sending swatches out with full development details.
- Updating designers and managers with weekly updates from mill and fabric status.
- Managing fabrics - managing expectations on realistic deadlines.
- Updating old stock with current yardage status
- Have demonstrable ability to work to deadlines
- Have a good working knowledge of customer quality standards
- Professional and confident manner when dealing with customers
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Be able to liaise with offshore production team, both written and oral
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task with effective communication skills both written and oral.