An opportunity has arisen for my client who are a global manufacture of ladies, men's and childrenswear to major retailers worldwide . They are looking to appoint a new role for the business for someone to spearhead their European / USA expansion . This role will be based remotely initially and will involve extensive travel when permitted . You will be involved in looking at global trend analysis and presenting to buyers , working with in house design teams & alongside customers to deliver the right approach to their requirements .
This is a senior level appointment and requires someone who has an extensive and successful track record within the apparel industry and above all has current strong connections with European buyers .
Main responsibilities will include:
- Develop and manage all new business
- Work with design teams to ensure relevant product for appropriate market
- Liaise with the production teams and factories abroad re all samples
- Liaison with Design teams on product and development for customers
- Good understanding of margins and working with merchandisers and buyers
- Proven track record of success within a similar background
- Strong knowledge of the European market
- 2nd language desirable but not essential
- Dynamic, hands on go-getter who can think on their feet
- Excellent communication skills to communicate with factories and clients
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to prioritise