This is a tremendous opportunity for an experienced Head of Distribution/ Logistics with a proven track record from a retail background who is looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to further their career with a great retail brand.
A role has arisen for my client a leading fashion retailer for someone to manage the control inbound/outbound distribution of stock throughout the company throughout the UK, Ireland and Europe. In this role you will oversee the efficient, reliable and accurate distribution of stock to retail stores and wholesale customers.
Main Duties and responsibilities will include
- Help drive sales by ensuring that stock is distributed to the commercial needs of retail stores and wholesale customers.
- Manage and prioritise the distribution of stock to wholesale customers as part of the strategy to increase Wholesale's contribution to the overall company profit
- Oversee the stock control management for retail stores and warehouse through regular stock checks to minimize stock shrinkage
- Monitor stock replenishment to stores so that goods are allocated and distributed according to changing needs
- Coordinate with the freight carrier to ensure the quality, quantity, cost, and efficiency
- Monitor and develop logistic strategy by analysing data and reports generated by associated information systems
- Oversee the quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of storage of stock through the management and development of the Retail and Wholesale Warehouse Managers
- Lead, support and develop employees within Warehouse, Stock Control, Retail Customer Service, Warehouse Administrators and Shipping.
- Implement health and safety procedures in the warehouses
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience within the fashion retail sector
- Logical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Time-management ability
- Ability to plan ahead and deal with unexpected changes
- Previous experience working within a fashion brand
- Knowledge of working with 3pl and experience of the tender process
- International experience