Our client is an established leading fashion supplier of women's wear to the UK and EU market. They are actively recruiting a trend driven, fashion forward Designer to work on the Tailoring and soft separates department. They are looking for a mid weight Designer to work closely with the Design Manager to develop and create seasonal collections for their in house brand to be presented to their UK customers.
This is an amazing opportunity for a talented young Fashion Designer with a previous background designing contemporary women's tailoring and soft separates for a brand/ retailer or fashion supplier
Main responsibilities will include:
- Producing mood boards.
- Designing new trend-led commercial ranges.
- Regularly researching trends.
- Responsible for designing from initial ideas/catwalk trends to the final concept.
- Experience presenting ranges and collections to Buyers.
- Designing and developing Tailoring and soft separates for the fashion high street retailers.
- Trend presentations to senior level, commercially
- Using CAD to develop Tech packs to send to factories
- identifying fabric/styles appropriate to the business.
- Must be capable of seeing through garments from sketch to approved sample.
- Technical and fit expertise essential to create commercial garments.
- Travel to shows and comp shopping.
- Liaise with Turkish and Far East Factories re sourcing fabrics and trims, sampling through to gold seal samples
- Experience working for a fashion brand/retailer or fashion supplier.
- Women.s Tailoring and soft separates design experience essential ideally for the UK fashion high street.
- Knowledge for trend, colour, and fabrics.
- Your portfolio should indicate inspirational and trend-led handwriting.
- Strong CAD skills Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to interpret key trends and make them commercial.
- You will need to demonstrate passion, drive, with an enthusiasm for trend driven women's formal wear products.
- The successful candidate must have strong communication and presentation skills.
- Previous experience working with Turkish and Far East factories sourcing fabrics and trims
To be considered for this role please submit current up to date design, CAD and trend examples of work from your portfolio.