I am recruiting for a men's and boy's wear designer to join my client, a leading supplier to several large retailers throughout the UK and Europe. They are looking for someone on a part time basis for an initial 3m contract. This role will be based remotely and there will be constant liaison with buyers as well as regular contact with their factories and head office overseas .
I am looking for someone with experience designing across denim/non denim and knits (fleece/terry). The ideal candidate should have knowledge of working with buyers / design teams within retailers such as Matalan / Next / Primark ,super markets would be an advantage.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Working on commercial men's & boys wear denim, non-denim and Knits
- Producing clear detailed tech packs
- Present ranges to buyers when required
- Liaise with overseas factories and all teams
- To respond quickly and effectively to the customer's design requirements
- Maintain an awareness of current and forecasted fashion trends
- Retail or Supplier background
- Open to parttime/freelance work
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent Photoshop & Illustrator skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative