We are working with an innovative fashion forward business that house a diverse portfolio of women's clothing and lifestyle brand who are looking for a Ladieswear Designer.
Based in Manchester, you will report into the Creative Director providing design direction for ladieswear multiproduct and develop innovative ranges ensuring the brand's handwriting is maintained in line with brand aesthetics.
They want someone who can identify micro and macro trends and has a premium, feminine, British handwriting. This role offers hybrid working.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Ability to generate innovative and original fashion concepts, sketches, and ideas.
- Identify emerging micro and macro trends and adapt them to the brand's design philosophy.
- Have a feminine and modern, fun, detail-orientated, handwriting with a conscious note on quality and higher-end specifications.
- Be pro-active and hands on with experience in product development with an understanding of the design process from start to finish.
- Be up to date with the latest fashion trends, competitor products.
- Work closely with other departments including marketing, sales and Directors to ensure designs aligns with brand DNA and goals.
- A knowledge of both luxury and affordable fabrics with the ability to consider budget constraints and cost-effective production methods while designing.
- 5 years' experience within a ladieswear fashion design role.
- Experience of working with suppliers in India and / or Turkey is not necessary but advantageous.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and able to work independently with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- A team player who is friendly, adaptable with strong problem-solving skills.