A new opportunity has become available for a commercial Ladieswear Wovens Designer for a leading UK supplier to major high street retailers to work on one of their key accounts across multiproduct ladies wovens based in their London office. This is a 1 year maternity cover role.
They are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and commercial woven fashion designer with a young to mid-market handwriting style who is used to working in a fast-paced environment and able to work under pressure.
The ideal candidate must have a flare for fashion and understand key woven fabrications and shapes.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Work closely with in house sales team to drive account forward
- Create seasonal mood & trend boards with the design team
- Design seasonal capsule collections along with key shapes, colour palettes and fabric direction
- Research and source new design ideas & fabrics/trims day to day
- Design and develop commercial and fashion forward product for range and clients
- Attend fabric fairs and inspirational shopping trips
- Attend regular design meetings with Sales Manager and customer buying/design teams who you will be liaising regularly with
- Must have experience designing for mid market ladies fashion
- Wovens background is essential
- Able to work under Pressure
- Works well in a team
- Commercially savvy with excellent on trend knowledge
- Confident when attending customer meetings
- Fully computer literate including Photoshop and Illustrator