An exciting new opportunity has arisen for one of my clients who are an established ladies-wear supplier to most major retailers,department stores and supermarket chains on the British High Street.
They are looking for a commercial trend led formal soft separates designer to work closely with the head of sales to and who will be actively involved in areas of the business. This is a great opportunity for a tented formal soft designer to really catapult your career
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Regular customer meetings and daily liaison with Buyers
- Presenting ranges to the customer.
- Fabric sourcing.
- Overseeing development of all sampling ensuring deadlines are met.
- Range planning- using all relevant research and catwalk information to build customer specific ranges.
- Completing Tech Packs ensuring sufficient information is provided.
- Directional/Comparative shopping trips- completing relevant reports.
- Bring new and exciting ranges that maintain a leading edge on competitors
- Guiding customers and buyers on market trends.
- Developing and sourcing new trims and fabrics.
- Producing accurate and detailed CAD drawings for sampling.
- Carrying out trend research and analysis and creating mood boards
- Experience of working with High Street retailers and Supermarkets
- Good Working relationships with Buyers.
- Previous Formal soft separates experience essential.
- Must be able to deal with high volume business.
- Experience working within a supplier is essential.
- Excellent communicational skills for liaising with buyers.
- PC literate.