We are looking for a Design Manager with sales experience to join a lovely client who are a well established supplier to several large retailers. They are looking for a senior candidate with a strong background across womens multi-product with a commercial, handwriting and experience with volume retailers.
A key part of the role is to develop an existing account through strong relationship building and great product development.
You must have a great eye for trends and for print and will work closely with the design team in Turkey to create the ranges. You must have experience presenting stories, concepts and designs to Buyers and will need to be trend-driven and be able to drive product development with a commercial eye. You will be working with other Senior designers as well as managing a small team so good people skills and management are required for this role.
This is a London Based role with good opportunities for flexibility.
Main duties will include:
- Developing an existing key account through strong relationship building and great product development
- Creating on-trend, forward-thinking, commercial womenswear designs.
- Researching lifestyle trends and blogs, being aware of relevant influencers to inform trends
- Implementing direction and innovation for the season across print, fabric and trim.
- Communicating effectively with all internal and external teams
- Working closely with design teams in UK and Turkey
- Overseeing the development of all sampling ensuring deadlines are met.
- Manage designers and work closely with the rest of the design team.
- Report back to leadership team
- Relevant womens experience is essential within a commercial environment.
- Previous supplier experience or relevant retailer.
- Excellent people skills
- Matalan experience an advantage
- Some girlswear experience and advantage
- A strong understanding of the current trends and the ability to look forward and anticipate new trends.
- Experienced and confident in presenting ideas, trends and design work.
- A hands-on can-do attitude, someone who is hard working, innovative, positive
- A good manager and a good team player.