We are working with this highly successful supplier of Ladies and Girlswear to major UK high fashion retailers. They are looking for a design manager who will oversee a team across both ladies and girlswear overseeing Jersey, Woven and Knitwear. This role is reporting directly to the MD, but allows for autonomy and someone who can lead the team as well as being hands on. You will have full involvement with meeting buyers and developing ranges to meet clients specific brief.
A strong commercial supplier background is required along with good man management skills. You should have a commercial eye, excellent communication skills and be confident with presenting to Buyers at all levels.
Main Duties and Responsibilities will include
- Complete trend research, design and develop ranges working with the overseas factories and present and sell the ranges to the customers.
- Work closely and liaise with factories in Bangladesh China and Sri Lanka
- Ability to create bestselling ranges and be hands on with trends and giving direction and guidance to your team
- Responsible for overseeing and mentoring a team of designers, as well as being hands on with design.
- Attend regular meetings with buyers
- Required to work in a fast paced environment, high volume design/development
- Sourcing of new fabrics and trims
Person Specifications :
- Design experience within ladies Jersey wear and woven essential
- Previous supplier experience highly advantageous
- Good understanding of garment costing
- Demonstrate longevity in your design career
- Management of a small team required
- Excellent communication at all levels along with, time management and organisational skills
- Ability to present and work alongside key management in the business