An opportunity has arisen for one of my clients who are a successful supplier of Ladieswear to several retailers both in the UK and Europe. This role will be to manage a team of designers whilst also being hands-on with customers and driving the business forward in conjunction with the sales team. A strong commercial background is required along with good man management skills.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Oversee a team of designers at various levels.
- Ability to create best selling ranges and be hands on with trends and giving direction and guidance to your team
- Involvement with key customer meetings on a regular basis.
- Liaise with overseas factories and travel to the factories for development, fabric & trim sourcing, shopping research trips and client meetings when required.
- Assist with driving and increasing sales with new and existing customers.
- Required to work in a fast paced environment, high volume design/development
- Develop trend-led collections tailored towards customers throughout the year
- Previous experience designing for high street retailers
- Good understanding of garment costing
- Demonstrate longevity in your design career
- Management of a small team required
- Excellent communication at all levels along with, time management and organisational skills
- Ability to present and work alongside key management in the business