This is a new role for my client who is an established successful supplier of ladies and some men's licensed apparel to several retailers and E-tailers in the UK. Due to expansion, they are seeking an experienced designer who can manage and lead their team of existing designers across shape and graphics to further develop their product offering to existing clients.
The successful candidate should have a proven background in womenswear design, knowledge of licensing would be highly advantageous but not essential. Working closely with the Sales Director and reporting to the MD This role would be ideal for a senior designer looking for their first managerial role.
Main Duties and responsibilities will include
- Complete trend research, design, and develop ranges working with the overseas factories
- Ability to create bestselling ranges and be hands-on with trends and giving direction and guidance to your team
- Responsible for overseeing and mentoring a team of designers, as well as being hands-on with design.
- Attend regular meetings with buyers
- Required to work in a fast-paced environment, high volume design/development
- Sourcing of new fabrics and implementing newness and design strategy
- Working closely with the Sales director
- Recruitment of new designers
Person Specifications :
- Currently at Senior design level or Design lead looking for next step
- Knowledge of Licensing is highly advantageous
- Jersey design experience preferred
- Previous supplier experience highly advantageous
- Good understanding of garment costing
- Management of a small team required
- Excellent communication at all levels along with, time management and organisational skills
- Ability to present and work alongside key management in the business