I am recruiting for an experienced confident Childrenswear Garment Technologist. My client is a successful supplier to several leading retailers and supermarkets in the UK and is looking at expanding their current team. You will need a good understanding of the market age 2-16 and all related technical requirements acting as the 'go to' person for Childrenswear. You will need to be able to drive strategy and be able to confidently deal with customers as well as liaising with and developing technical colleagues in the offices overseas. This is a great role for an experienced, tenacious childrenswear technologist to develop their career further with strong support from management. A background from either a Retailer or Supplier would be considered for this role. You will need to be used to working in a fast-paced challenging environment and can thrive under pressure You will need to be able to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
There is an opportunity to discuss a degree of flexibility for the right candidate.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Responsible for the approval of garments and advising on all aspects of fit, grading, construction, and quality-related issues.
- Driving strategy in collaboration with customers and colleagues.
- Attending (virtual)or f2f fit meetings with customers and working with overseas factories to communicate next steps, issues and priorities.
- Creating size specifications and technical packs for factories.
- Working closely within the internal design, sampling, sales, and merchandising teams, and developing strong working relationships with customers' own technical teams.
- Liaise regularly with customers regarding fit comments, specs/requirements
- Communicate all the information to offshore factories.
- Previous experience working across childrenswear 2-16 years
- In depth knowledge of technical specifics of the childrenswear market
- Confident dealing with customers and solving problems
- Experience of working with or for High Street Multiples/Supermarkets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience of working with factories overseas.
- Ability to work under pressure and to key deadlines on the Critical Path
- Confident and tenacious
- Commercial and collaborative