We are working with a large retail group who are looking for a new board appointment that will be to manage all financial aspects of a retail business operating in UK and Ireland. The business owns and distributes multiple brands, owns and operates multiple Retail and E-commerce operations (B2C) and has a very large Customer Service.
You will have a team of 13, you will implement strong controls and best practices to ensure robust processes are in place to protect the business from risks.
Thoroughly understand business drivers and provide meaningful financial analysis, acting as a business partner/advisor to the Managing Director and the Brand Managers. Responsible for all UK GAAP (and Swiss GAAP) reporting and financial transactions of the business to Swiss HQ on a monthly basis and on a Statutory basis annually.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Business Partnering with the MD and Brand Managers,
- Reviewing and approving all capital expenditure requests,
- Ensuring strong Internal Control processes are implemented and followed in all areas of the business,
- Full responsibility of all P&L's of the business (over 60 P&L reported each month),
- Responsible for all monthly reporting to Swiss HQ within tight deadlines,
- Responsible in ensuring annual Statutory account completion and sign off,
- Key liaison for all external financial stakeholders, HMRC, Bank, Auditors etc…
- Ensuring completion of annual budgets,
- Ensuring compliance with, and accurate reporting of taxes including PAYE / NIC, VAT, Corporation Tax, Customs & Duties
- Leading and developing all finance functions , Controlling (reporting), Finance, Loss prevention and Credit Control,
- Managing the Cash Flow of the business,
- Performing Company Secretarial duties as an authorised signatory,
- Being part of or leading ad hoc projects and new
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified accountant (or equivalent) operating at Finance Director/CFO level or equivalent level in a medium/large organisation,
- A strong track record in a finance department,
- Experience of brand-led, multi-site retail and matrix organisation essential,
- An analytical mind with strong financial modelling and technical accounting, with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel),
- Proactive, attentive to detail, great team skills and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work