My client, a leading British Manufacturer of Men's Ladies and Children's to many well-known retailers in the UK and Europe. I am actively recruiting for an established Childrens Casual Outerwear Designer for their London office.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Designer, full of enthusiasm & fresh idea's looking for a change or the next step in their career. You will work across Girls categories designing from toddler to Older Girls for a number of key accounts on the UK High Street.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Being aware of current trends and producing mood/direction boards.
- To design and assist the constant development and co-ordination of new product ranges, to satisfy market trends and customer needs, in keeping with the character licenses but also offering innovation and fresh approaches to design.
- Preparing sample requests and artwork for putting sampling into work with our factories.
- Working closely with Sales team, attending meetings at Retail and presenting CADs/samples to buyers.
- Design to customer/ sales brief. Work with creative flair whilst understanding prices restraints.
- Sound knowledge of garment construction and safety on children's outerwear essential.
- Excellent knowledge of fabrics/ printing methods and techniques essential.
- Experience designing children's casual outerwear
- Good communication skills essential
- To be proficient on Mac in Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to think outside the box and design commercial, creative multiproduct Childrenswear.
- Good team player.