We are looking for a strong Buying Manager to join the fastest womenswear and accessories global brand based in Australia! It's a once in a lifetime opportunity that you don't want to miss out on!
You'd be managing the buying team and working for a brand that focuses on seasonal trends, feminine silhouettes and detailing contributing towards making women feel confident. This role is responsible for working with the Buying Manager group & GM Buying to contribute to the brand strategy and develop ways to build the specified product areas and their image, strengthening market position and increasing sales & profit.
This role offers a competitive salary, relocation package, sponsorship and a welcoming, family feel environment! Please note the salary is in AUD.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Analyse relevance of trends for the brand and plan action accordingly in collaboration with buying manager group and GM Buying.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the market, supplier base, competitors and customers requirements.
- Provide strategic direction and input into the future development of your product areas
- In collaboration with the design manager manage the seasonal design direction for your product ranges
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and awareness of competitors and external trends, identifying missed opportunities and trends to potentialise sales and profit.
- Ensure all department financial parameters and targets are achieved within your product areas
- Effective management of buying team to achieve financial parameters and targets set
- Respond to sales and market data to make commercial decisions to maximise sale opportunities and minimise potential future risks
- Mentor the Buyers in their commercial decisions throughout the product development process with respect to delivering the most commercially balanced range in the most profitable way
- Ensure final ranges offer the right mix of print, plain, colour and end use for the product area
- Provide strong leadership and direction to the team
- Qualification in Fashion.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a Senior Buyer role or equivalent.
- A proven track record of high performance within a fashion business.
- Exceptional product knowledge and technical expertise within ladies fashion.
- In depth knowledge of local and overseas fashion markets.
- Strong financial and commercial business acumen.
- Ability to coach, develop and lead a team.
- Passionate and focused approach.
- Positive, enthusiastic and a team player.