An opportunity has arisen to join the team for a successful supplier of childrenswear to several large High Street retailers. This role is for an experienced Boyswear designer covering multiproduct and ages 2-16. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and talented designer, who is confident at attending client meetings, can work in a team, and also autonomously, full of enthusiasm & fresh ideas looking for a change or the next step in their career.
This role will allow for flexibility of wfh and office-based.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Designing ranges of boys wear across multiproduct for Retailers ensuring that relevant deadlines are met.
- Being aware of current trends and producing mood/direction boards.
- Preparing sample requests and artwork for putting sampling into work with overseas factories.
- Working closely with the Sales team, attending meetings at Retail, and presenting CADs/samples to buyers.
- Design to customer/ sales brief. Work with creative flair whilst understanding prices restraints
- Liaising with other departments within the company for example: merchandising and QA & overseas factories.
- Boyswear design experience essential
- Previous experience working with high street retailers
- Supplier or Retail experience
- Confident at attending meetings with buyers
- Good communication skills essential - the role involves liaising with other departments within the company for example: merchandising and QA & overseas factories
- To be proficient on Mac in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to think outside the box and design commercial, creative multiproduct Childrenswear
- Entrepreneurial proactive thinker