Is it time for a change in your life, if so how would you like the opportunity to work for a global retailer based in their prestigious offices in Hong Kong and be part of a thriving team covering mens and boys wear working across woven, knitwear and outerwear
You will help drive and maximise the company's sales and profit for this department and will be working closely with UK buying and design teams to achieve the best sales . This role would be ideal for someone either from a buying or design background ,retail or supplier looking for a new opportunity. A sound knowledge and understanding of knitwear is essential for this role. You must have UK experience as well as worked with UK brands. The role offers a generous relocation and ex pat package.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Management of all customer visits & buying trips,
- Work with the UK buying and design teams to understand the needs of the Customer
- Work with the merchandising and technical teams within the local office to ensure the product offers are backed-up by excellent service and quality. In particular, development samples and price quotes must always be fast and accurate.
- Establish and implement product and sourcing strategies to achieve the sales target with Product Manager and Merchandising Manager
- Work together with the Fabric Sourcing team, if applicable, in your country to ensure key seasonal fabrics are presented. In case there is not a Fabric Team in your country the Product Manager will be responsible for sourcing the fabric
- Deliver and present the season's key product and trim trends at the target UK RSP, in order to drive your department sales in accordance with the UK critical path
- Set sales budgets for the responsible products category / department with Product Manager and Merchandising Manager together.
- Monitor status of sales against the budget on a continual basis and react as necessary
- Preferable 3-5 years with relevant experience in Mens and Boys wear across woven,outerwear and knitwear
- Experience working with the UK retailers
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English
- Strong design or product development background in relevant garment group
- Bachelor degree in associated field is an advantage
- Strategic thinker to be able to offer a competitive edge
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Comprehensive garment technical knowledge for all product categories
- Must have strong leadership skills and be an exceptional team player
- Resourceful, energetic and a real self-starter
- Confident presenter