We have a fantastic opportunity to join a leading fashion company in their Garment Technologist team, they are looking for someone who has done a Technical Degree or Garment Technologist Diploma in fashion and ideally has 3 months to 1 years' experience working as an Assistant Technologist.
Training will be offered in this role, and it is a great opportunity to further your career in Garment Technology.
Hybrid working is available in this role.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Measuring samples, checking the construction and quality of the garments including fabric quality, colours and print
- Updating critical path and various data inputting jobs
- Assisting fit sessions alongside Senior Tech
- Providing notes, comments and diagrams on workbooks, sending to suppliers on daily basis, at proto and production stage
- Risk assessment of all products for safety, fabric and trim suitability in relation to construction and functionality
- Keeping production Critical path is up to date
- Ensuring that the products follow all safety standards and meet minimum requirements on testing
- Arranging for product testing to be carried out when required
- Liaising and communicating closely with the wider team including design and merchandising
- Supporting garment technologist team with any daily administrative tasks
- A degree or equivalent in clothing technology or manufacture/ fashion
- Some industry work experience min 3 months within a similar role
- IT skills -Ms office (Word, Excel, etc), MS Outlook, Teams
- Be a quick learner
- Must have excellent communication skills, be self-motivated, have attention to detail & be a strong team player is crucial
- Ability to work under pressure