I am currently recruiting for a new role for one of my clients who are a leading supplier of ladieswear to major high street retailers and supermarkets in the UK .They are looking to recruit a creative active/sportswear designer who is commercial and has a strong background in activewear and product development and can help drive sales within this sector of the market. Strong understanding of the UK market is essential and a proven track record within this product area. Supplier experience is advantageous . This a fabulous opportunity for someone to come in to a highly successful business and lead this division.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:-
- Develop,design trends for key accounts and work closely with buyers
- Responsibility for overseeing samples through to production.
- Understanding key trends and having the 'eye' for fashion
- Understanding fabric performance developments
- Fabric sourcing and development Mood,colour and trend direction presentation boards.
- Trend research, concept designs, line drawings technical packs
- Proven design track record in women's active/sportswear design
- Must be commercial in both design and development
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ambitious, determined and confident
- Ability to present to board level
- Excellent communication and attention to detail
- Design background form either a supplier or retailer within active wear
- Strong knowledge and understanding of UK retail market