My client is a leading supplier of Menswear to many leading high street retailers. Due to continued growth, they are looking for an experienced menswear account manager with a strong background in casual wovens who is motivated sales driven and looking to further develop their career.
The position requires a highly motivated, commercially aware individual with excellent communication skills who can work alongside the Sales Director to maintain and develop their existing customers.
For this role, you will need to men's casual woven product knowledge and experience of liaising and dealing with the Far East.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Communicate with Buyers/customers daily
- Required to build and maintain good working relationships both within the team and with other teams/departments within the Company
- Product development and managing the critical path
- Coordinate activity of fabric, garment techs, merchandising and design teams to ensure on-time delivery of product development projects
- General Admin, chasing samples, organising samples, taking photos of garments, keeping clear records of submits and approvals
- Provide guidance and assistance to design teams to ensure product development aligns with internal strategy and customer strategy
- In conjunction with the design team, and sales director present a new product to customers
- Negotiate prices in line with customer requirements and targets and agree on cost prices with customers
- Travel in the UK to visit existing customers
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication
- Ability to take direction; work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative
- Previous experience working for a menswear supplier highly advantageous
- Good understanding of Mens Woven garments
- Must be capable of working under pressure
- Have an ability to work to critical deadlines
- Be able to work unsupervised in an accurate, methodical and organised manner with attention to detail
- Experience working with India, Sri Lanka or Bangladesh factories preferred