A new opportunity has arisen with an established successful and financially sound supplier to several large retailers and supermarkets throughout the UK. Due to continued growth, they are looking for an experienced account manager with previous woven and some denim experience ideally within ladieswear and a track record of working with fashion retailers.
This role will be to develop current existing accounts through the initiation and development of new product ranges to meet the commercial requirements of their customers as well as developing new business within this product area. They are flexible on location as have offices in the midlands and Northwest of England or this role could be based from home with travel to offices and to see customers when needed.
Salary for this role will be dependant on experience .
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- To ensure the constant development of new product ranges which give continuity to the business requirements and satisfies the customer needs.
- Service existing accounts and develop new accounts
- To be aware at the time of the customer's overall business requirements and plans to maximise any opportunities to gain further business.
- To control and manage costs in line with the agreed budget levels.
- Work closely with the inhouse design team
- To manage travel, samples, and sample freight costs with the agreed budget
- Evaluate and interpret market trends, initiate and drive new material and component development in line with the market direction.
- To negotiate the cost and selling prices of each product in line with agreed targets. Create costings and progress to final approval.
- Monitor and ensure that the costs of operating the Product Team Design functions are controlled within the budgeted expenditure levels.
- Woven experience within ladieswear is essential. Denim knowledge highly desirable
- Strong account management experience within a supplier background
- Ability to demonstrate the strength, confidence, agility, and determination in assuming control of all related projects from the outset.
- Ability to think laterally and quickly, ensuring the process is managed and delivered on time with the right-first-time approach.
- Possess demonstrable organisation and time management skills.
- Display a positive mental attitude, always can do.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all audiences.
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Assume general responsibility for all account activity and qualitative/timely delivery of an agreed assignment.
- Open to a mixture of WFH and or a few days a week in the offices either Leicester or Manchester